Cloud hosting options for SharePoint have matured into a viable option for organizations across industries. Migrating SharePoint workloads to a hybrid cloud environment enables organizations to take advantage of cloud while maintaining control over sensitive data. Like any new cloud project, strategic planning is necessary to meet technical and business requirements. We provide the services required for an end-to-end SharePoint migration:
- Defining business and technical requirements
- Architectural design
- Migration & development
Why use SharePoint in the cloud?
Running SharePoint in the cloud provides the same benefits of traditional cloud scenarios including greater agility, quicker deployments and a lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
SharePoint 2010 on Windows Azure Virtual Machines
Windows Azure is Microsoft’s cloud platform supporting platform-as-a-service (PaaS) and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS). SharePoint 2010 supports most workloads in a Windows Azure Virtual Machines (VM) IaaS environment.
The following workloads are ideal migration candidates:
- SharePoint for Internet Sites (FIS): Public facing, anonymous access sites
- Developer, Test and Staging Environments: Quickly provision and un-provision entire environments
- Hybrid Applications: Applications that span your data center and the cloud
- Disaster Recovery: Quickly recover from a disaster, pay only for use
SharePoint migrations are typically hybrid deployments—meaning parts of the environment are in the cloud while others are on-premise. This provides the greatest flexibility to meet data security requirements.
- Software Requirements: Dependency on non-supported OS or app?
- Licensing: Do your software licenses transfer to the cloud?
- Hardware Requirements: Multiple network cards or other hardware requirements
- Lift and Shift (Migrating entire SP farm)
- IaaS to PaaS (Migrating applications to web or worker)
- Hybrid (Spans across on-premise and cloud)
SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013
Traditional on-premise SharePoint deployments give organizations full control of the end-to-end SharePoint solution. SharePoint is a rich platform with many capabilities—which often go underutilized because resources are allocated to maintaining the environment rather than developing on top of it.
We provide performance analysis and SharePoint consulting services to help organizations gain more value from their SharePoint investment.